Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

Underwear Upheaval

Since starting my own blog I have begun doing some “research” and checking out other blogs. What I have come to find is that people get pretty personal. We’re talking marital problems, mental illness, and details about wiping the snot off their kids noses (ew).  What is it that compels some to reveal the innermost thoughts of their brain? And why do others enjoy regaling readers with the minutest detail of their day? Furthermore, why do the rest of us read this stuff?

So taking a proverbial page from my fellow bloggers I decided to get a bit personal myself. And no, this doesn’t mean I am going to start sharing my bathroom adventures. What I am going to do is give readers a peek into my underwear drawer. 


If any of you are like me, then you know how stuffed up an underwear drawer can get. Sometimes, it won’t even close (as pictured below). I decided to finally tackle this problem once and for all.


As usual, step # 1 is to take everything out of the drawer and clean the inside. Then sort through the items and get rid of things you’re not wearing.  One thing that is different about undergarments than other clothing is this rule: PLEASE do NOT donate them!! Nobody wants your old panties, trust me. However, you don’t have to throw them out either. Check out Tip #642 for a “green” way to reuse old undies.

Once the items for keeping have been decided upon, it’s time to figure out a better way of getting them all into the drawer. I decided to use drawer dividers, and obviously, I chose to get some at The Container Store. Other places sell them too so pick something that makes you happy. I picked one with two sections (for my bras) and then one with no sections (for the undies). At first I had hoped they would fit vertically in the drawer but I hadn’t measured before hand so they ended up going in horizontally. That was fine because then I just used the space in the back to fold up my tank tops.



What is important to remember is “easy access”—you want the things you wear on a daily basis to be the easiest to get to. So put those in the drawer, and the undershirt that only matches that one outfit, or those tank tops you reserved for wear at the beach- those can all find another home where they won’t be clogging up vital drawer space.






And now you can go ahead and enjoy the fact that your drawer can open and close without any extra arm strength needed.





                                                                     BEFORE:                                                               

AFTER:




0 comments:

Post a Comment